Crypteia Managed Anti-DDoS Services
Cyberattacks are becoming a larger problem for organisations across every industry. Of particular concern is the growing number of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks that can shut down servers, disrupt operations, render websites useless, and lead to unauthorized access and even data theft. Companies need to reconsider how to prevent DDoS attacks, since traditional defences such as firewalls and intrusion-prevention systems are no longer enough.
Crypteia Managed On-Demand Anti-DDoS Services
Our Crypteia Managed On-Demand Anti-DDoS Service is designed to protect against Internet pipe saturation caused by volumetric cyberattacks. It is cloud-based (requiring no on-site appliance). It’s recommended for organisations that are looking for the lowest-cost solution, and are less sensitive to application-level DDoS attacks. This solution is a “manual” redirect of IP traffic determined by both the customer and the PCCW Global SOC team to the nearest scrubbing centre globally for analysis and clearance, then re-directed back to the customer’s network, and received as normal traffic.
- Traffic diverted to cloud only upon volumetric DDoS attacks, as authorised.
- No on-premises appliance required
- Lowest cost; simplest deployment
- Diversion based on link utilisation, flow statistics, or done manually (SOC will help)
- Attack volume unlimited, but limitation on annual number of diversions
- Emergency Response Team service level - Standard
Crypteia Managed Hybrid Anti-DDoS Service
Our Crypteia Managed Hybrid Anti-DDoS Service is both a cloud-based DDoS protection approach that also integrates with on-premises detection and mitigation appliance to provide a hybrid-DDoS protection solution. It is designed for organisations that want to protect their infrastructure and services against both volumetric and low/slow attacks (e.g. DNS DDoS attacks). This solution is the most popular as it represents the most-affordable, yet comprehensive approach to protecting against growing DDoS attacks. Once the on-site appliance detects a potential attack (either volumetric or application), the IP traffic is automatically diverted to the nearest scrubbing centre globally for analysis and clearance, then re-directed back to the customer’s network, and received as normal traffic.
- Real-time DDoS attack mitigation coverage
- No connectivity latency increase in peacetime
- Traffic diverted only when volumetric attacks aim to saturate the Internet pipe
- IPS and Behavioural Analysis functionality
- Unlimited # of attacks, size and duration
- Emergency Response Team service level - Standard or Premium
Crypteia Managed Always-On Anti-DDoS Service
Our always-on anti-DDoS cloud service takes the organisation’s IP traffic and routes it through DDoS scrubbing centres at all times. That means all internet traffic intended to go to the customer’s web site is first run through a global “scrubbing centre” to ensure a clean association. This option is the most complete and safest approach, and is appropriate for the most internet-active customers that have applications hosted in the cloud or organisations that are under DDoS attack constantly (on-line gaming, retailers, financial and healthcare firms, etc.). These organisations are in the highest category of risk.
- Complete cloud-based DDoS and WAF protection
- No on-premises appliance required
- Minimal need for customer involvement
- No traffic diversion is required during attack
- Unlimited service - provides support for unlimited number of attacks, size of attacks and attack duration
- Emergency Response Team service level - Premium
We use both cloud-based and on-premises technologies to provide a multi-layered, more robust approach to web protection to help you:
- Keep your web presence online and responsive
- Prevent threats without inhibiting traffic flow, data availability and uptime
- Prepare for an unexpected data breach, outage or disaster—and for multiple, sustained attacks
- Manage resources and tools to support an enterprise-wide capability that can more effectively respond to incidents
- Improve the quality of your IT services and enable innovation
- Our technologies and security specialists can provide a more robust solution designed to combat DDoS attacks
- Our solutions provide inline DDoS protection at a massive scale for network and application layers with real-time threat visibility
- We block web attacks such as SQL injections and cross-site scripting and others
- Our process re-routes traffic away from your infrastructure during an attack to help better manage website availability and performance
- We use a single support lifeline that combines cloud-based technology with deep security expertise
- Our process supports faster detection and response to parallel attacks with around-the-clock global monitoring
- We provide web application firewall tuning and incident response recommendations, as needed