IPX (IP eXchange Network)
A key element to the delivery of services to end-users, our IPX has been built to support the future needs of fixed and mobile service providers, enabling guaranteed end-to-end delivery of high quality voice and mobile data services over a single, converged connection.
Our IPX service is fully compliant with the GSMA and I3 Forum specifications. The service is built on top of our global fibre backbone which offers high levels of security and resilience. It improves efficiency and service quality with end-to-end guaranteed Service Level Agreements.
Our IPX is more than a technology; it is a business enabler supporting the development and global delivery of new IP-based services such as our ubiquitous HD Video Calling service.
There are several connection options to access our IPX:
- Option 1: customer accesses PCCW Global IPX PoP with their own dedicated local loop or cross-connect.
- Option 2: customer accesses PCCW Global IPX PoP with PCCW Global provided local loop or cross-connect.
- Option 3: customer accesses PCCW Global IPX PoP with one of PCCW Global Inter-Carrier Interconnection Partners.
Extensive on-net coverage
PCCW Global owns one of the largest private IP backbones worldwide and is ranked among the top 10 Internet service providers globally. Service providers can already connect to the PCCW Global IPX in over 140 countries and in more than 3,000 cities.
We have the largest number of international VoIPX direct destinations – 50+ voice destinations over our IPX network, which means the highest quality of service.
The true end-to-end value of IPX is often undermined by carriers who use any Internet (IPsec), or international long distance to access the IPX network. At PCCW Global we value transparency in our offers– our IPX network enables local in-country access without any use of Internet or long distance interconnections.
Through our extensive coverage worldwide, including Africa where we are the largest VoIPX provider, we provide the most comprehensive true global coverage.
PCCW Global is an active member of the GSMA Forum and I3 Forum helping to shape the future of IPX. We are committed to expanding our extensive on-net IPX coverage and launching innovative new products and applications over our global IPX platform to help service providers get a competitive edge.
PCCW Global is the first in the industry to offer High Definition Video Conferencing and point-to-point HD Video Calls (switched HDVC) over IPX.
Using an IPX platform, organisations can reduce the complexity in their network and create greater bandwidth efficiencies as traffic flows on one connection around the world. Our MobileXchange Portfolio provides fixed, mobile operators and service providers with the highest quality, cost effective interconnect for a broad range of current and emerging voice and data services.
Security and reliability
The security and reliability of IPX over PCCW Global’s MPLS VPN network make it the ideal foundation for high quality services such as international voice and data transport and mission critical business applications. A single local connection to our network ensures end-to-end QoS, security, multilateral connectivity and cascading payments.
Delivering for the future
IPX can help operators fully exploit the advantages of end-to-end IP networks and gain access to new revenue streams from the services of the future. Operators can unlock business potential by packaging value-added services with voice services for their end customers.
PCCW Global already offers HD Video Calling and Conferencing over IPX.
- Wide range of services, including roaming (signalling, data roaming), communication (VoIPX, VoLTE, ViLTE, HDVC, anti-fraud), VAS
- Instant access to one of the largest private IP global backbones
- Extensive MPLS/IP coverage allowing global access to our IPX voice platform from 3,000 cities in 140 countries
- Worldwide coverage with PoPs in key geography, both in developed and emerging economies
- Flexible customer routing decision and control
- 24/7 network management, surveillance and maintenance by PCCW Global’s Voice Network Operation Centre (VNOC)
- Top quality QoS including guaranteed end-to-end SLAs