Content Delivery Network
PCCW Global’s Content Delivery Network (CDN) delivers the performance you need across your web presence to drive user loyalty, enhance brand perception and increase revenues.
Delivering Rich Media
PCCW Global manages the delivery of your rich media and digital content optimised for the fastest possible load times regardless of user location. If your site has a library of video, music, software, Flash files or eCommerce applications, you can benefit from optimised site performance. CDN from PCCW Global delivers consistent and multi-country distribution including mainland China.
A Complete Solution
Our CDN services deliver your content around the globe with optimized performance for your end users, capturing audiences and creating stickiness.
We offer CDN services that accelerate the delivery of basic content while giving users smooth access to large website elements. Our CDN solution includes a tailored service combined with security features inclusive of -token authentication and geo-blocking, as well as reporting and analytics. We offer a CDN service that is fast, secure and transparent.
Global Super PoPs
PCCW Global has Super POPs at strategic global locations near primary Internet Exchange Points, with massive computing and caching power to guarantee the performance of our CDN. Using these 22 locations, we are able to extend the quality of experience on your site internationally. This means you can reach the largest possible audience around the globe.
PCCW Global’s scale and reach allows us to route your content via the fastest and most efficient routes globally. In addition, we have the network intelligence to avoid congested routes to ensure the delivery of content provides the best possible user experience for your customers.
PCCW Global’s Tier 1 global network spans five continents, we have edge servers placed in geographically strategic locations to decrease the load on interconnects, public peers, private peers and backbones. This frees up capacity, lowers delivery costs and increases the overall network performance.
Built to Deliver
PCCW Global’s CDN is present in 42 locations around the world with professional operations teams ready to deliver the services you need. Our pool of expertise will tailor a CDN solution that has a positive impact on your organization. In addition, our global infrastructure is there to support your needs and has been developed to keep the number of interconnects, public peers, private peers and backbones to a minimum. We have planned for performance and this is reflected in the QoS we offer.
We have a toll-free hotline with 24/7 global help desk support so you can be sure that we are ready to solve any issues you may have. Our help desk support is provided in English, Mandarin and Japanese with fault logging and exchange of ticket references.
Reduce Load Times, Increase Performance
Providing a flawless end user experience is crucial when delivering digital content or operating an eCommerce business. Performance creates loyalty and in turn revenue. That is why PCCW Global provides CDN services to accelerate the delivery of multimedia applications and digital media creating an optimal end user experience. We can decrease latency and timeout issues while achieving low packet loss that stabilizes performance issues, like jitter.
CDN Cost Control
We understand that it is important to be cost-efficient while delivering the best user experience for your customers. Our CDN services help you to deliver the performance you need without having to deploy extra hardware. You can decrease costs, speed up time-to-market and reduce management issues with a CDN service that is managed and cost-efficient. As demand for your content grows, we can scale up your service without the need to invest in new equipment.
PCCW Global’s CDN is a complete solution that will improve the performance of your web environment to increase brand loyalty by delivering a high quality end user experience. Our reach, expertise and track record of delivery means CDN can enhance your web presence and ensure your users access your content again and again.
- Content Delivery: content distribution by intelligent global load balancing
- Storage Solution: offers the ability to store customers’ web content on the origin storage platform
- Rules Engine: gives precise control on how the edge servers cache and deliver the customers’ content
- Token Authentication: prevents unauthorised access and restricts file downloads and right to authenticate selling of digital media to authorised users
- Reporting and Analytics: enables businesses to observe their customers’ web usage and determine how to optimise their need for content delivery
- Content distribution by intelligent global load balancing
- Supports object delivery on large object platform and small object platform
- Typical large object delivery applications include video and audio delivery or software downloads, based on fast disk accesses, for all the progressive download (HTTP) needs
- Typical small objects are image, Java Script, CSS and text files, for ad serving, e-commerce sites and photo sharing applications. This platform serves most cached content straight from RAM which means minimal disk transactions and fast first byte download times
- Intelligent global load balancing based on DNS and Anycast enables the routing infrastructure to direct any packets to the topologically nearest instance of the service
- Supports live and on-demand video streaming: Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, HTTP progressive or H.264/HTML5
- Dynamic streaming for multi-bitrate delivery
- DVR technology and server archiving for live streams
- Streaming of H.264 and HE-AAC compressed media for smooth HD video
- Intelligent adaptation to changing computer and network conditions
- Enhanced stream protection and server-side security
- Stream content to a variety of mobile platforms, including iOS devices
- An additional level of customization by creating rules to override default behaviour of CDN caching and delivery
- Rules are platform specific. Rule criteria can be set up on AS number, origin folder or subfolders, client IP address, cookie parameter, geo protection, edge Cname, referring domain, request header value, URL etc.
- Able to store the customers’ web contents on PCCW Global’s origin storage platform
- Hosting and CDN services managed by a single vendor
- Supports RSYNC software application for faster transfer of files between the customers’ storage location and the origin storage platform
- Support Secure Shell (SSH) network protocol allows data to be exchanged using a secure channel between a customer’s storage and PCCW Global’s origin storage
- Token-based authentication service uses a private key to pass encrypted values via the URL string, so as to grant or deny any file download requests
- Token values vary per service –HTTP, WMS, FMS
- Prevents unauthorised users and websites from hot-linking to customer web content and leveraging customer bandwidth, or other types of misuse