OCTOBER 17, 2019
PCCW Global is looking for an Assistant Manager, Voice Engineering based in either the Reading or London office in the UK. The role is responsible for providing network services and planning of VOLTE services as well as:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of RFP/RFQ/RFI to source VoLTE network platforms.
- Evaluation and recommendation of RFQ/RFP from tenders.
- Design and Execute verification/acceptance test plan to verify the VOLTE services within new/existing network platforms.
- Work with different stakeholders (e.g. PCCW, PCCW Mobile, PCCWG Wholesale Voice, etc.) and major customers on solution design and project implementation.
- Participate in technical discussion with suppliers to clarify our requirements and supplier’s queries.
- Identify critical components and provision resilient plans to guarantee the service continuity.
- Prepare implementation guidelines for new services to operation groups.
- Prepare office data changes on the systems to Operations due to network configuration changes.
- Assist supervisor to discover the full capability of the VOLTE platforms and Telarix system, and utilize them in order to maximize the investment.
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Significant relevant working experience in the telecom industry with mobile network experience.
- Hands-on in development and deployment of telecom VOLTE services, in particular within Enum and VOLTE and IMS applications.
- Familiar with different protocols, e.g. SIP, Enum, etc.
- Sound knowledge about SIP and VOLTE service specifications, such as RFC 3261, IR67, IR 92 and IR94 etc.
- Team orientated person, with a focus on international telecom and VOLTE services business. Candidate must be prepared to work irregular hours, having meetings with Europe and Americas regions in order to support these business units if necessary.
- Good command in oral and written English, with strong inter-group action and communication skills with different international groups.
- CCNA/CCNP and Diameter knowledges are highly preferred.
Join the PCCW Global team
Attractive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply, please complete the form below ensuring you upload your resume as a Word document or a PDF file.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.