Our smart city solutions use information and communication technologies (ICT) to enhance quality, performance and interactivity of urban services, to reduce costs and energy consumption and improve service delivery and quality of life.
HKT is one of the world’s most creative and advanced ICT leaders with:
- 82.4% FTTH coverage in Hong Kong
- the world’s highest average internet usage at 175G Bytes per household per month
- the world’s first ultra fast residential 10Gig GPON services, and;
- the world’s first 1G LTE-A mobile download speed.
Together with HKT’s highly advanced ICT technology, PCCW Group’s proven business models and operating experience, and our business partners’ unique capabilities, GDS offers PCCW Global customers a complete solution for ‘Smart City’ consultancy, design and build, outsourcing and solutions.
Our customers include wholesale telecom operators, Governments and businesses in energy, healthcare, education, retail, transport and traffic management.
GDS ‘Smart City Solutions’ help
- telecoms operators to optimise their operational efficiency and to build additional business models to compete effectively in their local markets;
- Government and Property Developers to develop sustainable plans to use urban resources more efficiently
- to create safer municipalities to attract businesses, residents, and workers.