PCCW Global provides two firewall offerings: Hosted Firewall (HFW) and Managed Firewall (MFW) as components of our Managed Services portfolio.
PCCW Global’s Hosted Firewall (HFW) is a cloud-based subscription firewall service with network-based deployment. It allows our MPLS customers to safely access the Internet while protected by a tier 1 firewall. We configure the security policy based on your unique business needs. HFW is available for customers who subscribe to our MPLS VPN Service.
PCCW Global’s Managed Firewall (MFW) is an on-premises dedicated firewall deployment. Our solutions also include flexible options such as firewall rental, configuration and maintenance services.
Hosted Firewall and Managed Firewall services both include firewall rental, installation, configuration, hardware maintenance and 24/7 monitoring.
- One-stop-shop service, hassle-free firewall management
- Deep-level firewall security incident management
- Free up IT engineering resources and reduce expenses
- Guaranteed Service Level Agreement to ensure service performance
- Optional advanced features can be added according to the customers’ needs, including Web Application Control, IPSec
- Site-to-Site Virtual Private Network (VPN), client-based Remote VPN, URL Filtering, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) creation, Network Address Translation (NAT), URL whitelist tuning can be configured accordingly
Hosted Firewall (HFW)
- Quick to deploy and flexible for expansion
- Centralized internet access control for all the branches via a single hosted firewall
- Hosted Firewall is based on Fortinet Next Generation Firewall Platform
- Active / standby firewall pair to achieve the highest availability
Managed Firewall Service (MFS)
Firewall vendor neutral—customers can choose their preferred vendors according to their business needs, e.g. PalaAlto, Fortinet etc.