Voice over IPX (VoIPX)
PCCW Global owns one of the largest IPX (IP eXchange), operating with the GSMA open interconnection model, enabling end-to-end delivery of IP packets between carriers and service operators over private global IP networks under guaranteed SLAs.
We have designed an IPX compliant network and voice platform which is built over PCCW Global’s top ranked global IP/MPLS network. The extensive coverage coupled with fully diversified design of PCCW Global private IP/MPLS network ensures direct connections for customers to our IPX voice platform and the highest quality and security services.
Voice over IPX service (VoIPX) provided by PCCW Global is a high-quality packet voice routing service. PCCW Global will route and terminate voice traffic from customers connected to our IPX voice platform by clear priorities:
- via the growing number of our own IPX compliant direct connections (“direct”);
- via other IPX carriers’ compliant directs (“indirect”); and
- via our own other connects (TDM or IP/MPLS) (“breakout”)
Key benefits to your business
- IP secure connection and no exposure to public Internet risks and QoS congestion issues as our IPX network is built over our own private MPLS/IP network
- Best and guaranteed QoS with SLAs
- Best service availability
- Resilient working/protect and IP self-healing, rerouting mechanism
- Enabling service convergence as the same IPX connection can accommodate voice, data and multimedia traffic
- Instant access to one of the largest private IP backbones worldwide
- Carrier-grade session border controllers stationed at high-availability “carrier hotels” in London, Brussels, Hong Kong, Taipei, Washington D.C. and New York
- Flexible customer routing decision and control
- 24/7 network management, surveillance and maintenance by PCCW Global’s Voice Network Operation Centre (VNOC) repetition
- Guaranteed CLI and OCN delivery
- Highly secure, convergent and resilient IP access
- Top quality QoS including guaranteed end-to-end SLAs over a dedicated IP path for voice destinations that are IPX destinations
- Breakout to our premium service offering where IPX routes are not yet offered
- Deliver international toll free services and local number services over the same IPX connections
PCCW Global VoIPX service is available in over 50 direct destinations. The coverage map below shows the full potential coverage of our VoIPX service.
PCCW Global owns one of the largest IPX in 140 countries and in more than 3,000 cities.
Through our extensive coverage worldwide, including Africa where we are the largest VoIPX provider we provide the most comprehensive true global coverage.
PCCW Global is an active member of the GSMA Forum and I3 Forum helping to shape the future of IPX. We are committed to expanding our extensive on-net IPX coverage and launching innovative new products and applications over our global IPX platform to help service providers get a competitive edge.
- Full interoperability between supported protocols
- Carrier-grade media gateways at high-availability “carrier hotels” in Singapore, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, New York, Belgium and South Africa
- Guaranteed delivery of premium services, CLI, roaming and fax through direct connections to a growing list of more than 200 carriers and international operators for top-quality termination
- Price-sensitive termination for standard service through more than 400 interconnected carriers and niche operators
- Dynamic call-routing changes ensure price and performance benefits are passed on to customers as swiftly as possible
- 24/7 network management, surveillance and maintenance by PCCW Global’s Voice Network Operation Centre (VNOC)
- Round-the-clock support is provided by our multilingual voice specialists
- Proactive call and network monitoring to identify and restore potential problems to minimise user impact
A geographically-resilient class 4 network based on state-of-the-art softswitches in Hong Kong, Taipei, Brussels, Gosselies,Washington D.C. and New York
- Supports IP (VoIP/FE/GE, SIP-I/SIP/H.323) and TDM (E1/T1/DS3/STM-1/OC3, ANSI/ITU/ ETSI/Hong Kong ISUP, ANSI/ETSI PRI) network access
- NGN enabled remote switching to keep regional traffic within the same region
Round-the-clock support is provided by our multilingual voice specialists