Challenges in data roaming are less technical, thanks to GSMA standards. PCCW Global Data Roaming tackles the operator business challenges:
- Traffic is adaptive: supported by PCCW Global IPX network, data roaming peak period can be addressed without commitment to long durations.
- o Example: Holiday Island Telecom (HIT) has a standard data roaming service of 20 Mb. Due to a special event on Holiday Island, the demand will likely increase to 100 Mb for 1 month only. With PCCW Global, HIT can have 100 Mb for only 1 month and then go back to its standard need of 20 Mb for the rest of the year.
- Quality: PCCW Global reduces remote locations and works with operators to reduce latency and round trip delay.
PCCW Global owns one of the largest IPX in 140 countries and in more than 3,000 cities.
Through our extensive coverage worldwide, including Africa where we are the largest VoIPX provider we provide the most comprehensive true global coverage.
PCCW Global is an active members of the GSMA Forum and I3 Forum helping to shape the future of IPX. We are committed to expanding our extensive on-net IPX coverage and launching innovative new products and applications over our global IPX platform to help service providers get a competitive edge.
- 24 x7 multi-language NOC
- English, French, Chinese
- Smart traffic routing
- Meet or exceed GSMA standard
- Quality network
- Dedicated, high-quality, secured IPX network
- compared to IPSEC or GRX over public Internet
- Global network, local presence
- HUBs/POPs throughout Africa, Asia, Europe and America
- compared to limited presence ( =high latency for intra African GRX traffic Africa->Europe->Africa)
- Transparency in quality and security
- Secure network, QOS enabled with extensive reporting on GTP-c and GTP, 3G/4G interworking
- Reach of 800+ operators
- Use of the best technology available on the market
- On-demand burstable bandwidth
- Full standard and bespoke services
- Part of the “closed GRX community”
- We deliver GRX private DNS that can be used by mobile operators to solve any APN queries