The diameter signalling product is also known as diameter or LTE signalling.
Diameter is a signalling service that enables a mobile operator’s LTE devices to register to the network and roam internationally in LTE networks.
Signalling is the information exchange on a network enabling the establishment and control of calls, control of mobility management and security/authentication of the subscriber.
When mobile users travel to a foreign country and switch on their mobile device, the mobile phone will “register” to one of the local mobile networks. This registration process ensures the SIM card is valid and verifies which services the user is entitled to access.An interaction with the home network is required.
PCCW Global diameter signalling ensures the visited and home network can exchange signalling effectively, guaranteeing end users can use roaming services while abroad. Diameter signalling is only for 4G/LTE networks.
Between two mobile network operators (MNOs), there can be up to two diameter signalling providers.
There is usually one option to connect to an MNO for diameter signalling: via IPX.
Figure 3: generic connection type to PCCW Global IPX platform
Our diameter signalling solutions incorporate advanced features. Below are some examples:
- Hosted diameter edge agent: it’s a diameter gateway to secure access to the customer’s network from external networks.
- Interworking with 2G/3G signalling: it enables offering 4G/LTE outbound roaming even if the customer MNO has not deployed 4G/LTE yet.
- Virtualized diameter routing agent: it enables us to deploy regional DRA if required by the customer.
Figure 4: diameter messages count
PCCW Global diameter service value proposition:
offering a true ubiquitous service, we manage the complexity of worldwide interconnection for you. Our leadership in voice and data blended with our extensive IPX and best of class technology providers allows us to deliver:
- Smart routing: your traffic will never be lost and always delivered
- Security: we protect your network from cyber threats
- Topology hiding
- Global reach
- Advanced reporting
PCCW Global owns one of the largest IPX in 140 countries and in more than 3,000 cities
We are the largest VoIPX provider in Africa and we provide the most comprehensive true global coverage.
PCCW Global is an active members of the GSMA Forum and I3 Forum helping to shape the future of IPX. We are committed to expanding our extensive on-net IPX coverage and launching innovative new products and applications over our global IPX platform to help service providers get a competitive edge.
- Extensive technology knowledge
- Next generation diameter platform
- Extended interworking capabilities
- C7,LDAP,RADIUS, HTTP
- Protocol conversion and mediation
- Advanced service logics and orchestration
- Bill-shock prevention
- Wi-Fi offload, 3G/4G interworking
- Fully redundant (1+1)x2 DRA nodes
- Worldwide reach with our global private IPX network
- Supporting all home routed and local breakout models and functions
- Diameter routing, security and mediation
- Multiple peering in Asia and Europe for redundancy