PCCW Global, a leading international telco is looking for Senior DevOps Engineers to join its world class technology team based in Athens, Greece. The organisation is part of the PCCW Global Group of companies, which offers the latest voice and data solutions to multi-national enterprises and communication service providers across the globe, including exciting growth markets such as Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.
If you are looking for a new challenge, and wish to take you career to the next level then this opportunity with a global company is for you. PCCW Global are seeing a Senior DevOps Engineer who will have the opportunity to contribute in all phases of development and delivery process and influence technological decisions. Do you have a passion for experimenting on new cloud scale technologies and have the skillset to push the boundraires of what is possible?
Leading a highly competent team of engineers you will inspire and mentor your peers whilst keeping an eye on business trends and requirements for the next 6 to 12 months. You will be working with project/product stakeholders around the world. Your day to day work will include:
- Contributing in the design of high-volume, low-latency services for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Managing and automating production deployments
- Troubleshooting and classifying production issues
- Contributing in design phases of the development life-cycle to help identify potential bottlenecks or wrong practices
- Prepare and execute performance tests in clustered environments
- Monitoring and tune production systems performance
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- B.Sc. in Computer Science
- Experience of System Engineering and/or DevOps Engineering
- Experience at leading teams of more than 4 people
- Strong background in Linux / Unix Administration
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python and Go programming languages
- Experience in distributed, big data platforms
- Strong experience with configuration management tools (preferably SaltStack)
- Continuous Delivery methodologies and Continuous Integration tools
Join the PCCW Global team
Attractive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply, please provide:
- your full resume
- available date / notice period
- present and expected salary
Resumes without current and expected salary will NOT be considered. Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.