A2P Delivery and Firewall
A2P (Application to Person) refers to SMS sent from an institution (enterprise, government…) to a mobile subscriber. Most common business applications for A2P are for banking (bank statement, one time password), for online booking system (hotel, flight, events, reservation confirmation), for enterprise (consumer engagement programs, employee’s information…).
The A2P value chain is composed of
- Institutions: enterprises, governments or organisations sending SMS to mobile subscribers
- Aggregators (a.k.a. wholesale A2P): Companies, often carriers, transiting SMS traffic from institutions and delivering to mobile networks; either via direct routes or peer (3rd party routes).
- Mobile Network Operators (MNO) delivering SMS to their mobile subscribers.
PCCW Global is able to address all segments of the value chain, offering more services to enterprises and increased revenues and relevancy to MNOs.
Delivering A2P SMS all over the world with the most reliable and transparent SMS platform.
A2P Value Max
A2P ValueMax is a solution replicating PCCW Global experience in security and anti-fraud services, and experience in recovering revenues.
ValueMax protects your network with an advanced managed SMS Firewall optimising revenues
With A2P Delivery, PCCW Global offers SMS global termination to Mobile Operators. Mobile operators engage with a trusted partner for A2P SMS delivery on paid routes and not grey routes
Connecting to PCCW Global brings:
- Premium quality service at affordable cost
- Stable routes
- Global coverage
- A trusted partner for A2P SMS delivery on paid routes and not grey routes
- Create new revenue stream
- Promote VAS to end users
- Engage enterprise market
- Shorten relationship between service provider and MNO’s subscribers
- Optimise its SMS infrastructure to carry high value traffic
A2P ValueMax is a solution replicating PCCW Global’s experience in security and anti-fraud services, and experience in recovering revenues.
With growing expectations in A2P SMS, Mobile Operators are facing challenges with the rise of fraud and illegitimate access to their network.
With A2P ValueMax, PCCW Global helps operators protecting their network and retrieve lost business. We help operators identifying and blocking grey routes, redirecting traffic to legitimate access, monetising traffic and managing the platform to sustain long term business gain.
A2P ValueMax is a solution that improves efficiency in both operational and business issues:
- SMS Threats and Bypass Market intelligence: PCCW Global gathers market intelligence on SMS threats and firewall bypass technics to ensure the logic and rules applied are up to date and efficient.
- Definition of the filter rules: Apply rules for different SMS related SS7 messages and/or SMS transiting via SMPP to allow or block SMS to terminate on customer’s network.
- Stress test: PCCW Global regularly tests the filtering mechanisms to ensure they remain efficient and no official routes bypass are possible.
- Pricing analysis: PCCW Global evaluates the applied pricing on terminating A2P SMS are coherent with the current market and priced accordingly.
- Strategic consultancy: PCCW Global advises on the pricing and strategy to optimise SMS termination business. PCCW Global tests market price, active routes to any mobile operator and price matrix
- SMS Traffic Trend analysis: PCCW Global monitors the SMS traffic trends and analyses possible gaps
- Managed system with local instances for maximum regulatory compliance
- Dynamic protection
- Spam and spoof control
- Grey route control and monetisation
- International SCCP links will be protected against SMS threats and HLR lookup
- Compliant to IR.70 and IR.71
- Protect national and international links
- Stop/minimising grey routes by implementing a strong filtering solution
- Simplify the consumption chain
- Margin improvement with no traffic lost
- Increased quality and clarity for enterprises
- Provide Market intelligence.
- Marketing consultancy to help MNO’s explore the total business potential